Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ohhhh, Alright..

Yea. I admit I was in a somber mood yesterday. It's unfortunate work has been getting inside my head and really affecting me. I've been a whole lot better lately about that, though, and I aim to get back to how it was when I was enjoying my job here and not worrying about work outside of work.. not letting it infiltrate my personal life to the point of annoyance and constant anguish.

"Funk 'dat!"

My mind has been in the 'thinking about music' mode now for 2 weeks straight. I have yet to act on the urges to sit down and do some hard core production, but I'm getting closer to the point of having the correct mental capacity and state of being to crank out the tunes again. It's been a long time coming, a lot of up-and-down motion (hmm.. I just realized that could be taken in a very dirty way.. *grin*), and after the dust settles and I can breathe freely again I will have all of the clarity in the world.

/me let's out a smile and a tiny sigh.

From a conversation with Nick:
Sean: "headphones.. check. starbucks almond mocha.. check. slacker tools in a browser.. check. gmail chat window with my bro.. check. engage slacking."

Yes, it's time to get back to doing less work here at work. ;) Some people might find it odd that I feel a need to 'slack' at work.. but if you look at it objectively (maybe.. just maybe) you'll see that it's more along the lines of "working less" or "less effort" than "slacking". It's only taken as slacking if you hold my high productivity and kick-ass-ness as my zero point for minimum performance level. 'Ya catch my drift?

I have my feelers out for a few hosting options, but until then I am going to point www.sliptide.com to this blog via mydns.com. I had used them way back in the day, and they will serve as a means of at least pointing my web traffic to here such that people know I have not faded from this universe. Once I get proper hosting I will have a music-centric website back up with a new streamlined design, some more things for the music fans out there, and.. well.. I might as well say it now: CDs for sale via hardcopy and music you may purchase over iTunes and Rhapsody.

Yes.. I will be publishing materials proper. That's not to say you won't be able to download some free music from sliptide.com, or download boot leg performances, DJ mixes, and remixes from my web space. Most new songs and albums, however, will be published and available for download via online music retailers. Some albums will be made available for purchase online. Good times ahead!

I look over at my Picasa web album and realize that I need to do a lot of work on it and get some more photos up there. I have a ton of stuff to share with the world.. maybe I should spend some time working on music and web projects tonight rather than dabbling around in DiRT or World of WarCraft.

Welp.. I'm off to the coal mines.. cept I'll be the guy near the back with an oil lamp, respirator, some water, and a magazine.

No comments: