Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mt. Rainier - Paradise Day Hike

Words can barely describe the incredible beauty, awe-struck feeling, and intimate nature of the day hike we went on earlier this month.

Paradise is an area that has quite a few trails stemming from the trail head. Going through the pictures I have posted on Picasa you can get a small taste of what it looked like on that day, where we went, etc..

All I can really add is that we are going back in September (and maybe with Stephan-- a co-worker and friend) before the weather gets too cold. I am excited at the prospect of seeing the mountains and the trails on a clear day. The cloud cover we had on our way up was a real treat of course. You couldn't see anyone around (occasionally hikers caught up to us, or we caught up to other hikers.. but very very few) so it felt as if we were the only ones on the trail most of the time.

I have never seen anything like the glacial snows or the landscapes that exist there. It was my first real taste of hiking too.. and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

These are only a few of the pictures taken. Expect more to be added to a new album after the trip in September =D

No comments: