Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Enjoying the Rain

Well I wouldn't call it rain and neither would most people around here or otherwise. Seattle sometimes gets this gray misty cloud spit (yes, cloud spit) going on. It's refreshing after some of the sunny days up here. Growing up in the desert really put me off as far as heat goes. While it's nice that I have built up quite a tolerance to hot weather, I certainly don't enjoy having to be in it. It's always somewhat.. exciting I suppose.. to wake up on a perfectly gray filtered-light day and see some rain or cloud spit.

Last weekend ended up being a bit disjointed. I was primary on call last week and we were still fighting off some nasties from a launch-gone-bad at work. I ended up having to help staff a 24x7 war room effort (much like the one I was in on the previous post). Saturday I woke up to a call about a system issue, and ended up working right up until I had to get going to our Factoria offices (where I usually work). I ended up pulling a 12 hour day that day.. not out of the ordinary on something as big as this when being primary. It was pretty low key for me.. mostly metric and KPI reporting since my applications were stable.. they wanted warm bodies and extra eyes if they needed them I suppose.

On the music front, I'm still working the plans to get my stuff out to iTunes and Rhapsody. Currently I am shopping around for printing services for the City Shadows CD artwork and tray cards. Once I am able to get a small run going I will be in a position to ship them off to CDBaby and other fronts.

Quite a few starts to songs have been made and I'm beginning to get a clear direction on most of the pieces I'm enjoying. From house, to ambient, to more down-tempo beats and audiological infections-- I hope to have enough content for a mini-release to hold over until the new(er) stuff really takes form and is ready for release. I have a back-log of about 2 years worth of music that has been on MySpace, UBER, and other places (including some people's gmail inboxes) that needs to see the light of day.

Alright.. back to work I go. My non-fat, 1-pump raspberry, white mocha with whipped is singing the sirens' song.

No comments: