Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Calm Control

I awoke today feeling well rested and calm. It's grey and spitting rain outside, typical of those random foul weather days in the Northwest "summer" (all be it a bit more chilly than we are used to this season).

During the activities of getting gas (just shy of $70 for a full tank in my Tacoma), then picking up a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, I realized I had gained the calm control feeling that I've been striving to find for awhile now.

Life is crazy. Between a full time day job, managing relationships with friends and family, "extra curricular" activities... how is there time left over for personal projects, music, and general screwing around?

Making time for your top priorities in life is the only way you will truly accomplish anything. You must commit to delivering on your own personal expectations in order to meet your goals.

I have entirely too many hands in too many pots for music right now. Across the spectrum I have projects open in trip-hop, down tempo, trance, dance, indie, and folk. It's not that I need to cut any of these away from my time, no. Instead, I need to be focusing my personal time in music on the projects at hand and finish them off 1 by 1. I'm back-logged!

First order of business: "City Shadows vol.1"
-Expect to see this project appear on SNOCAP first, with the iTunes version coming out later this year. I have notes surrounding the final touches on the re-mastering. After that it will be ready for release!

Secondly: "Well of Souls"
-The project still needs 2 or 3 more songs to round out the track list. Work will begin on these finals songs when item 1 is complete.

After that, I am thinking about releasing a collection of songs that never made it to an 'album' release.

Lush
Lady Gray
Desensitize
Another Side
Pill Bottle
She Saves

Those are some of the tracks that should see release on SNOCAP. A sort of "look back" over the past few years of my producing.

I also have a few starts to songs (that took place shortly after I completed "Grace" back in February) that fit into a darker vein. Trip-hop, almost Massive Attack-like in nature, I'm not sure where I am ultimately going with that sound. I will complete the open songs I have (lyrics included!) and release them perhaps as an EP.

Oi.. so much to do!
-
Jeff is coming over today and we will be working on our project. I hope that in the next month or so we will be ready to announce the title of our project and have three full fledged songs available for download.. for free!!
-

No comments: