Thursday, June 5, 2008

3-Day Training Walk & Joining a Team

This past weekend, Amy and I went on a training walk for the 3-Day event. It was a 9 mile hike from Greenlake, through Wallingford and then down around the south of Lake Union. We followed the planned route up through Fremont then ended back up at Greenlake. It was a lot of fun and ho-boy did it show us that we need to get in the habit of doing these walks every week. Walking 10 miles definitely starts to put some stress on the hips (and a little on the feet). I can't imagine walking 20 miles a day for three days in a row right now!

We also have decided to join the team that hosts these particular training walks every weekend (on both Saturday AND Sunday!). I will post information and a link to the team we join when I take the time to sign up (I'm at work, and I keep forgetting my 3-Day badge that has one of the captain's business cards in it).

This team is serious business to with some sharp minds and TONS of experience with the 3-Day event and fund raising. We were talking with the team leader/head captain at the beginning of our walk and I feel a bit more confident about meeting the $2,200 goal with the support of others involved in the 3-Day community. I have a few plans of my own to get Amy and I started on the right foot. September isn't that far off!

I will be pushing the benefit album and a few other pieces of music I plan on releasing to SNOCAP for benefit sales. Expect some new tunes!

Jeff and I will be announcing a project of ours to the public in the form of building our online presence (MySpace, Facebook, iLike, Garageband, etc.)

That's all for now.

No comments: