Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Moving Forward

Jeff and I made progress on our third song last night. At this point we have 2 that are ready to have the vocals applied to them while the third song will be an instrumental of sorts. I'm really hoping we can get our little EP out to everyone this summer! We still have work to do beyond the music in taking photos for our press kit and setting up MySpace and all that stuff.
-
I've been driving around to an mp3 disc in my truck that consists of a bunch of house music, which is always a favorite of mine during the summer. I remember long ago when I had heard some of my favorite mixes and albums (Silicon Soul, Miguel Migs [<3 Lisa Shaw!], Ian Pooley with his Brazilian influence..) which really affected how I think about electronic music. I certainly take from a cross section of the genre and apply it into my down-tempo styles quite a bit. It really makes me wonder about the next iteration of City Shadows and the direction I may take it.
-
I'm off to clean up some data in my directory. Go Go Gadget LDAP!!!

No comments: