Thursday, July 17, 2008

Remastering Tracks

After reviewing some of the older tracks (older being from January and before)-- I have made adjustments to ones that I have posted online already.

The biggest changes came from re-calibrating my studio speakers such that I can clearly hear the over-powering of bass notes in my music. I had noticed that "A Midnight Cab Ride" was particularly crowded in that low range.. the song is now fixed and WAY more appropriate for big bass systems (read: car audio).

I also tweaked "Talking Circles" to separate the bass drum from the droning bass I used. Much cleaner sounding. The updated versions of these songs won't hit the 'net until the next series of 'album' releases go forward or I post singles into SNOCAP.
-
As a test, I uploaded "City Shadows vol.1" into SNOCAP, only to find that one of my songs, "Calm Control" came back as being in dispute with other artists. After I did some digging around, I found that it is because of the copyright-free sample I used in the song. The organ licks were modified samples that I used during my foray into down-tempo music-- where I had used samples of speech, instruments and ambient noise to augment my original beats, keyboard, and sound synthesis. This sample appears in a few other songs registered on SNOCAP.

Essentially, I have confirmed my suspicions in that my legitimate album attempts will be put forth on CD-Baby or TuneCore, while SNOCAP will be reserved for special singles, 1-offs, B-Sides, rarities, etc.

Good times.

No comments: