Monday, July 21, 2008

Inching Closer!

"City Shadows volume 1" update
A few things bothered me about the last attempt at a mix-down of the album. I need to do another pass to clean up a few of the low-end issues. I've noticed that, while the JBL JL-100's I use for producing provide a unique result-- it's hard to nail the low-end w/out it being entirely over-powering on high-end systems... I see some studio monitors in my near future.


"Well of Souls" update
The track list is now up to 10 songs. I'm very close to wrapping up these 10. One or two more songs will make it into the album before the project is final and ready for release. With the artwork complete, the last step will be some press materials for the kits and advertising. A limited short-run of the CD will also be available via CD-Baby as well! No ETA at this point-- I hope to have an idea of a release date soon!


The future of my music
The big three items on my plate after the above two are complete are (in no particular order) 1) The "Jeff & Sean" project, of which we have a few pieces in the works. 2) Working with artist Jacqui Johnson on some electro-indie and dance tunes. 3) More Sliptide original tracks, with a foray into trip-hop and dance tracks with full vocals!

I am working towards expanding my arsenal of audiological weapons. A new midi keyboard, perhaps another knob or slider board, a new rig (mac, anyone?), and an entire custom programmed Ableton Live! set to meld my instruments with live performances.

No comments: