Monday, September 8, 2008

A Quick Update

Let's see.. what did I leave out of my last post?

Bumbershoot: was pretty cool.

Amy and I were really tired from hiking Mt. Rainier on Friday, and doing a Hottie training walk on Saturday. Sunday we went to Bumbershoot to see what it's all about (we have never been). It wasn't bad! We met Amy's friend there and hung out drinking some beer in one of the many beer gardens (with a very limited selection).

I will cut to the chase: The most noteworthy performance we saw before we took off early (from exhaustion) was the KEXP Larry's Lounge (an on-site recording studio) presentation of Sons & Daughters. It was an incredible opportunity to see them play on a stage outfitted for live radio-- and listen to them in this incredibly intimate and audiophile-sound-quality setting. A real gem, and made Bumbershoot worth the trip!

Sadly, no, we did not stay to see Stone Temple Pilots that night. I heard mixed reviews of the show in that it was 'good' because they played a lot of their hits, but 'meh' as in there wasn't the energy or emotion as expected. A seemingly true STP fan did tell me that the show was way worth price of admission to get the nostalgia and hear some great alt rock classics.
---

Next on the list:

This past weekend we had a team picnic. The Warming Hut Hotties have been an incredible team to train with this year. Their benevolence, support, and incredibly positive spirit has helped Amy and I make it through to the final event. I will make a separate post about the 3-Day, which is taking place this weekend.

Work: I had to work this last weekend. That meant some video games, house chores, and thinking about other things I would have rather been doing.

I have plenty of work to keep me busy once the 3-Day is over. Between my IT career and my plans to bring my music hobby to the forefront of my everyday life: This fall and winter is going to be extremely busy (yet very gratifying).

We have a few trips planned for in-state and out of state. We will be going to Boston and California, Long Beach and a few more trips to mountains for hiking, as well as another trip to Portland.

Now that I think about it.. I need to book some flights.

No comments: