Thursday, September 11, 2008

This Friday, Saturday and Sunday I will be participating in the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk!

Amy and I have just about reached our fund raising goals, and we couldn't have done it without the support of our friends, family, and the Warming Hut Hotties!!!!

Tonight Amy and I are going to a team dinner in the U-District, then heading home to finish packing. We have to get to sleep really early since we need to be up at the plumber's-butt-crack of dawn to take a cab to Bellevue Community College by 5:30 AM.

I'm excited (and somewhat anxious) for this event to finally be taking place. It was such a huge commitment, but we didn't realize just how huge until we began the training walks, the fund raising, the application of blister band-aids, the shoe shopping, the sock finding. Walking, by my quick count, over 300 miles in total, and raising $4,400 for the advancement of breast cancer research and awareness certainly gives one a good feeling ;)

I know my feet are going to struggle with the walking this weekend. The lack of arches (yes, I am uber-flat footed) don't lend themselves to an easy time walking long distances over urban terrain (yet I can hike all day on a mountain trail!). This will be a big challenge for me to pick my feet up on day 3 (though I know I will be in a bit of pain by the end of day 1, and probably some serious torment by day 2) and keep going to the very end. I won't over do it, of course, as nobody wants to seriously injure themselves on such a positive event like this.

Thanks to everyone who donated, showed interest in the event, and has given Amy and I the support to continue forward through this amazing journey. We couldn't have done it without every single person being there for us along the way.

1 comment:

KikiRiki said...

You guys are awesome! I can't wait to walk with you tomorrow and I will see you tonight at dinner! Hopefully there will be album left for me to buy :)