Monday, June 25, 2007

Blowing Off the Dust

There was a massive amount of dust on the 'ol brain. Work hasn't been too terribly kind to me lately, but I realize that I have to make the best of it.

I became, and admittedly still am, burnt out on IT. A few incidents at work really took the wind out of my sails and left me feeling a bit stranded not too far from shore. I'm slowly gaining the momentum back and getting excited about my job and the prospects it brings.

Along side that I am finding myself more and more in the music composing mind-set. I'm having moments of clarity when I sit down in front of my computer to do music. It sorta came out at a decent time yesterday when my buddy Jeff came over to make music. We ended up with a pretty sweet take of a collaboration that we will wrap up and throw out on the internet soon (I'm guessing).

My mind is all over the place as far as objectives for music go. Part of me says I need to get back to my days of City Shadows-esque music.. while I am also pulled in the tech/trance direction at times as well. I seem to have multiple hands in multiple pots of creativity, to a point where it's not really working towards anything.. just a bunch of lateral shifts. Did that make any sense?

Anywho.. summer brings great weather, more desires to travel (within and outside of Washington), and I'm itching to have all my debts paid later this summer and the savings to start kicking into high gear. I'm starting to get home-ownership on the brain =X

It's almost 3. Time to kill an hour on more documentation and quarterly goals to get a phatter bonus. Yay!

No comments: