Friday, June 1, 2007

Check Baby, Check Baby, Check One-Two..

Attitudes are contagious.

A major problem I now have with my work environment is the bitter and negative attitudes of many people that work within my organization. I can't let their candor and demeanor affect my overtly sharp wit. What can be perceived as "the best" in me for a quick wit and sharp tongue can easily be taken as "the worst" in me by many other folks. I have to be very careful and selective of how I present myself to others that I work with as to not hinder my career and working relationship with my company and sub-organization.
-----
Keeping myself in check at work, I have also kept myself in check outside of my work life as well. I am starting to get excited for the things I used to be excited about (hobby-wise mostly): Computers, web development and technology, some video gaming, and most of all-- creative output in the form of anything audio/visual.

Nick and I are still host-less as of June 10th. Our friend is departing from the hosting scene since he had a few bad experiences with overbearing customers, and what started as a hobby has become a pain in the ass for our friend. I can't blame him for retiring the hobby. Thankfully I have another friend who may be able to host a few of our small sites. It will be nice to have SNN-Core, Sliptide, Angel Assassin, and our new project hosted online for development. I'm excited to take our back-seat hobbies and move them into new directions and on the forefront of our creative processes.
-----
I have started building Titan, the latest piece of my technological arsenal. Amy's laptop broke (again) and we really needed to have two functional PCs. Being 5 years old, I figured it was time to do the last upgrades to Euclid and build a new box.

Euclid is running an AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2.0ghz, 2gb DDR400 (was upgraded from 1gb of DDR333-- huge difference!), BFG Tech GeForce 7600 GS 512mb (AGP), A-bit AN7, and all of the other bells an whistles (HDDs, etc..). It performs fine and has plenty of life left in it for day to day and creative projects (Photoshop still screams enough, even with 8 mega-pixel images), and games don't look half bad with some of the options limited in texture and object quality/detail.

Sidenote: Yes, I name my computers. I have named my computers since my first Micron p166 machine back in the day. It's like naming anything else if you ask me. Cars, boats, satellites. A geekish habit, but a mark that expresses how proud I am of what I build.

Titan: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.8GHz Socket AM2, SAPPHIRE 100185L Radeon X1950XT 512MB, Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) ,

nMEDIAPC Mute Power MP-500 ATX12V,

To name a few things. Oh, and I can't forget the:
ZALMAN VF900 - CU LED 2 Ball VGA Cooling Fan/Heatsink.

This computer will last me quite awhile.. sure.. it's not DX10 right now, and I'm not going to bother installing Vista on it, but I really don't have any motivation to use Vista-- and there aren't any DX10 games out yet.. I'm fine with DX9 for quite awhile, so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth ;) Hell, I got this far with AGP, right?

I'm looking forward to getting it all set up this weekend. I'll drop a post when I'm done burning my eyes out with a few games, oh, and making some phat music ;)

No comments: