Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Little More Serious Now

I have some equipment on order from zZounds!

I decided to pick up the Alesis IO-26. The ADAT in will be useful in the future, and the Harmony Central review thread (I didn't save the link, sorry) was great. 8 excellent pre-amps will provide plenty of versatility in recording and live performing.

I also ordered a Shure KSM27 Mic. I'm going to try it out and see how I like it (and how the rubber shock mount ring works) and am hoping that I will not have to make a return. It had great reviews overall. I really couldn't pass it up from zZounds because it's a solid mic, comes with the shock mount, cable, stand, and a $25 zZounds gift card. Pretty slick!

To help with space restrictions of my current "office" set up I ordered a keyboard rack to hold the MIDI keyboard when I'm working. It will store nicely by my desk along w/the keyboard while I'm not using it, but won't be far to pull out and start hammering away.

No comments: