Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wahoo!

The new equipment arrived yesterday afternoon. After a swift installation, some minor set up of hardware and running of cables, I played with the additional components and am left with a feeling of giddiness. =D

Jeff came over last night and we got some ideas down in Ableton Live!. The guitar input into the Alesis sounded oh-so-clean, and paired with my old Korg foot pedal FX and some Ableton Live! processing we recorded a few tracks of guitar over an organ loop we had recorded last week. It was shaping up to a nice "wall of sound".

After he took off and before I went to bed I tried some quick recording of my gut string guitar... I was VERY impressed! I'm excited to be working on new materials and inputting some guitar and vocals into tracks as well. Once a few songs are completed expect some form of storefront and purchasable downloads of EPs and Albums (including my older works!).

Back to my day job.

1 comment:

Will Foster said...

I am excited to hear this new blend of electronic and live instruments. Your old stuff was good, but blended too much with the current industry. Maybe this will shed some light to your stuff!

I am going to have to plan a trip up there to Seattle. We could do some photo shoots for you, some promotional material. :)