Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Continuing Efforts

In my attempts to learn Ableton Live! while using Reason 4.0 as instrumentation as I integrate live instruments into my music, I managed to record a nice piece that may lead into some more house-type music akin to Kaskade. I know the "guitars in techno" thing has been done for years, but you have to admit in the right tracks it is infectious and easy on the ears (Chemical Brothers' Star Guitar, Kaskade's Steppin' Out).

The first pass is completed at City Shadows remastering. I have run into a few issues with some of the low range bass being clipped when trying to adjust the EQ and applying maximizing to the songs (Calm Control, for example). I will hopefully make time to work on it again this week.

Through working with Jeff and Matt, I have amassed some extremely useful Combinator patches for Reason 4.0. Some are from mining the ReFill kits we have and applying our own touch-up effects and what have you, while some are completely built from the ground up. I've gotta say, that I am super excited to have the best sounding Rhodes emulation I have heard come out of my speakers in a looooong time.

I suppose the next thing on my list should be equipment to get vocals and my gut-string guitar into the computer. I know jack and shit about microphones so that's going to be a quick learning process. Now that I think about it, I have a laundry list of things to accomplish this year-- hmm..

Anywho, 'till next time.

No comments: