Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Back In Action

I'm still a bit sluggish/tired, but in whole my cold seems to have finally dissipated. I'm not stuffy or struggling with the aches and pains, thank god-- Friday was pretty brutal and I was down for the count mid-day. Plenty of tea, good food, good company from Amy, and a healthy dose of video games (a la Project Torque) made for a relaxing Friday night.

Over the weekend I got a wild hair and splurged on buying a Nintendo Wii. Fred Meyer near my house had 3 in stock and nobody knew about it so I sauntered on in and picked one up. I had a few Best Buy gift cards I had earned from my previous team at work (over $100 worth) and promptly plopped it all down on another controller, 2 games, and some rechargeable batteries.

The Wii is redonkulously fun! Mario Galaxy is insanely cool, Wii Sports is simple but fun, and Puzzle Quest (while not the best quality) is addicting as all hell and I'm enjoying console gaming again! I was also playing around with some of the wireless capabilities.

I bought the Opera browser for Wii and it's pretty neato.. I wouldn't use it as a replacement for booting up my computer, but I suppose it's nifty enough to have on hand. I bought it because I was trying out the current methods for streaming video content to the Wii. It doesn't compare to the quality of my LAN wired Xbox (1st gen, chipped, with XBMC), but the possibility is there and I think with the right software the Wii could turn into a competative multimedia interface to a media PC.

I plan on putting together an order from EBWorld and Amazon full of the Gamecube games I missed out on, and I'm really looking forward to new versions of Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart!

Last night I attended a 3-Day information meeting. I'm thinking about doing the 3-Day walk with Amy this year.. I have to raise $2,200 dollars though. Intimidating as that may seem, I think I can pull that off between donations from coworkers, friends, family, and donations made from a charitable music release... HMMMmmm. Expect more info soon ;)

No comments: